Live Chat Here!
RSS Feed
Knowledgebase : Downloads > Information and Articles > PointFire 2007
Issue: PointFire is not translating my custom text! Solution: 1. Did you add the term and translation to the Multilingual Translations list? a. If so, are you sure you entered it exactly? b. If not, PointFire does not actually translate text; it c...
Issue: PointFire Feature is activated but no new menus appear in the Site Actions menu. Solution: 1. Verify that you have set the "HideSiteActionsMenus" configuration option to FALSE. (See Installation Instructions for more info.) 2. Verify that t...
Issue: Installed additional language packs, but they are not appearing in the drop down menu. Solution: Will have to change the "PFLanguages" key in the web.config and then making a call to the http://yourdomain/toplevel/PointFire2007.aspx?PFMUI=REPAIR...
When you activate multilingual functionality on a site, each list will have a new menu item under the Settings menu. 1. Add Item Language Field *NEW* a. If this list is compatible, it will be made ready for multilingual content. b. Compatible lists wi...
PointFire adds a new menu and sub menu to Web Parts enabling you to show/hide Web Parts based on a users current page language view. 1. Display This WebPart In... (All Languages, None, English, French) a. This menu item appears when you are in "Design...
Issue: Getting critical error when trying to use InfoPath forms. Solution: This was a known issue and has been resolved. Please update your installation with the lastest version of PointFire available from our site. Tags: Info Path Infopath
Multilingual Translations o In this list you can add, edit or override translations for that site. o Anything added to the Top Level site's Translation list will affect all sub sites unless a sub site overrides it. o Simply add the English word into t...
Issue: Would like to remove a language from PointFire 2007. Solution: In order to remove any languages, we will use English for example. You would need to to remove the "1033" from the PFLanguages key in your web.config file(s). Afterwards, you will ne...
Issue: PointFire 2007 not translating all sites. Eg - Intranet site being translated but Internet site is not. Solution: This is almost always caused by a mismatch between the IIS Bindings and the SharePoint Alternate Access Mappings (AAMs). Please ens...
Question: How do I activate PointFire features manually on the site? Answer: To activate PointFire on a site manually, simply go to the Site Features section under the Site Settings page and click Activate for the "PointFire Multilingual Features" feat...
Question: Is PointFire available for 32bit and 64bit versions of Sharepoint? Answer: PointFire 2007 installation package will work with both 32bit and 64bit. No separate installation package will be needed. Tags: 32 bit 64 bit 32bit 64bit version
Issue: Purchased PointFire License, but floating ad still exists at the bottom of each page. Solution: Will need to add the serial number for your license into the "PFLicense" field in your web.config to have the ad removed. Tags: logo, ad, license
Question: How do I enable multilingual functionality on my site? Answer: When multilingual functionality is off, you will find one link under Multilingual Settings menu item. 1. Make This Site Multilingual a. This will enable user interface trans...
Question: How do I ensure that the PointFire features are activated automatically on all sites.? Answer: If you wish all sites to automatically have the PointFire feature activated you must add the following Feature node to the node in any and/or all ONET...
IceFire Home | Support Center | PointFire Home
© Copyright IceFire Studios Corp. 2019 - All Rights Reserved.