This is a recommended update release for PointFire 365 for SharePoint Online, part of Office 365. It is a major release with new functionality, and corrects a number of issues in previous versions.
New and Changed Features
- Fast language change extended to subsequent visit to a different site collection later in the session, often with a popup to warn of page reload.
- When PointFire 365 is re-activated on a site but with more languages than before, existing columns are changed to support additional languages
- Added script to update item language field choice options of multilingual list.
- Popup window that shouldn't be closed renamed to "Please do not close this window"
- If a site is associated with a Hub, the 1,2,3 translation will re-use translations stored on the hub site.
- When a tenant license is added to a site, it will suggest adding it to the tenant instead
- SetTenantLicense asks for tenant name rather than full tenant-admin URL
- Modern Webpart language selector no longer requires a Save button, more consistent with Modern experience
- "Unfiltered" option is now within the language submenu, for clarity.
- Improved performance for language change
- Detects when SharePoint renders the Hub menu in the wrong language and refreshes it correctly
- When a site is created in a recently-supported language such as Welsh, activation sometimes didn't allow deactivating English
- Incorrect identification of the Irish language at activation
- Corrected the language name for Welsh
- Manage Variations is sometimes missing parts of the page.
- Redirection of newly created pages sometimes didn't kick in right away
- Migration script for PointFire 2016 to PointFire 365 didn't correctly map language Variation columns to Source Item
- Increased the speed of checking number of users for tenant licenses with a large number of users
- Corrected filtering on layouts pages
- Removed unnecessary functionality for hiding new modern title blocks
- Changed the symbol used for Chevron in language menu
- Hide modern webparts more quickly
- Uncaught ReferenceError: MSOWebPartPageFormName is not defined
- Corrects previous localized view names when PointFire 365 is re-activated with different languages
- Translate navigation menu in 123 MUI translation up to third level. Previously it was translating only up to level 2.
- Improvements to localization
PointFire makes SharePoint truly multilingual and lets your users collaborate in their language. Two different users going to the same page on the same site will each see it almost entirely in their language, both UI and content, without using Variations.
To get your copy, go to http://community.icefire.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/1/pointfire-installation-packages and log in or create an account.
The fully-featured trial version can be downloaded for free and can be used for development and testing, with some pre-sale support.
We thank everyone in many countries who provided feedback on the previous releases for their valuable input.
PointFire 365 v2.3 reproduces the most important functionality of PointFire 2016 in the cloud.