This is a recommended update release for PointFire 365 for SharePoint Online, part of Office 365. It is a minor release with some new functionality, and corrects a number of issues in previous versions.
New and Changed Features
- Overrides SharePoint's Hub caching: Hub navigation language changes when user changes language and navigates to another multilingual site associated with a different hub
- Clearer "Multilingual Setting" user interface when user does not have right to change the list/library multilingual settings
- When making list/library multilingual, better indication that processing is continuing when setting existing items to the default language
- Various significant performance improvements. Tradeoff is that other users may not see new translations for up to 2 hours
- More consistent support for Multi Factor Authentication or non-MFA login in scripts. Requires PnP PowerShell module
- Show tenant license expiry even if the site collection license is valid.
- When changing language on some sites with multilingual hub navigation, possibility of a page reload loop
- Translate Interface step 2 could leave temporary popup window open when tenant has no hub sites.
- Site root URL sometimes did not redirect correctly
- Support a new version of the "me control" that certain preview users have encountered.
- Avoid duplicate Multilingual Translations Lists when renaming or translating list or re-activating PointFire using a different language.
- Manage Variations dialog was not localized in modern mode
- Update PowerShell scripts so that the functionality using the script more closely matches current functionality of PointFire 365
PointFire makes SharePoint truly multilingual and lets your users collaborate in their language. Two different users going to the same page on the same site will each see it almost entirely in their language, both UI and content, without using Variations.
To get your copy, go to http://community.icefire.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/1/pointfire-installation-packages and log in or create an account.
The fully-featured trial version can be downloaded for free and can be used for development and testing, with some pre-sale support.
We thank everyone in many countries who provided feedback on the previous releases for their valuable input.