This release corrects certain issues. If you received an interim release from IceFire support for testing, it must be updated with this release. This release is a bug fix release, with minor functionality changes. It is recommended that you update if you have encountered the issues that are discussed.
Documentation is available here.
The next update release is expected in May 2020.
Release Notes – October 30, 2019
Deploying PointFire 2016
It is recommended that you run the installation on the server where Central Administration is located. Once PointFire 2016 is installed on the target server you can deploy the feature by running the PFConfiguration tool:
Start ->PointFire 2016 ->PFConfig
Note: If you experience issues running the configuration tool from the shortcut, you can navigate to the PointFire directory and run PFConfig or one of the installation scripts directly.
⦁ PFConfig.exe – PointFire Deployment Manager
⦁ InstallPointFire.ps1 - to install PointFire using PowerShell.
⦁ UpgradePointFire.ps1 - Upgrade PointFire using PowerShell.
⦁ RemovePointFire.ps1 - To retract the solution using PowerShell
Note: Deploying using the scripts requires additional configuration steps. Please see the install guide for detailed information.
Updating PointFire 2016
If you are updating an existing PointFire 2016 deployment, launch the PointFire Deployment Manager and follow through the upgrade process, or retract then re-deploy PointFire, or navigate to the installation directory to run the upgrade script.
Note: If configuration keys in the web.config files have been edited manually after PFConfig initially set them, using PFConfig to update the PointFire may erase or overwrite some of those keys. For safety, note the values of the keys currently in web.config prior to updating.
Upgrading from PointFire 2013
If you are upgrading from a PointFire 2013 deployment, please consult the PointFire 2013 v1.0 to 2016 v1.0 Upgrade Guide.
- Problem saving new Document Set with date field when ManageRegionSettings is TRUE
- Choice items in search drop down do not translate
- Choice items containing commas do not translate
- Default values of Choice columns in SharePoint not retained in alternate language, including dropdown, radio and checkbox
- Choice items do not translate on edit form (when the same entry exists more than one time)
- Choice item not translated on listview when filter or ranking is applied
- For a particular custom template, blank page appears due to wrong HTML
- Blog Posts do not render in alternate language with custom blog site template
- Refiner items do not translate on search results page (osssearchresults.aspx page)
- Content type names in list view webpart not translated while using pagination
- When uploading document, Lookups (drop-down) do not translate.
- The left navigation doesn't translate when in full page edit form.
- Pointfire flooding logs with PFCacheSite messages
- The left navigation and breadcrumb are translated but the contents on page and the gear menus are not translated in Site Settings page.
Documentation for PointFire 2016 is available to be downloaded from the following links:
PointFire 2016 Installation Guide:
PointFire 2016 Administrators Guide:
PointFire 2016 Users Guide:
PointFire 2013 v1.0 to 2016 v1.0 Upgrade Guide:
We recommend that you, or whoever you designate for support, register an account on the support site http://community.icefire.ca/index.php?/Base/UserRegistration/Register . Support can be obtained by clicking on New Ticket on the site after you login or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org