This is a recommended update release for PointFire 365 for SharePoint Online, part of Office 365.
This release adds minor new functionality and corrects a number of issues in version 2.3.1.
New and Changed Features
- "Clear the Cache" button in PF365 app page, to use when directed by support
- Allow applying a tenant license on a site collection, with suggestion to apply it to tenant
- Webparts in other languages are not showing in edit mode in modern page with new pages tech update. Note: Microsoft will deploy new pages tech update next year
- Cross site collection language change problem with new pages tech update
- When language is changed, some parts of the personal menu are still in the previous language for a few minutes
- Page redirection isn't working when pages are within folders
- Error while performing MUI step 2 in root site collection
- Error while activating PointFire 365 in root site collection
- Reduce the number of ProcessQuery from several types of pages, for better performance
- Use of "<<" button in Manage Variations was not working
- Page redirection is incorrect after certain scenarios of changing linked pages
- In modern sites the root page url was not being detected, resulting in an extra page reload.
- More consistent right-to-left menus when using Dari
PointFire makes SharePoint truly multilingual and lets your users collaborate in their language. Two different users going to the same page on the same site will each see it almost entirely in their language, both UI and content, without using Variations. And when used in combination with PointFire 2019, the hybrid cloud is here!
To get your copy, go to http://community.icefire.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/1/pointfire-installation-packages and log in or create an account.
The fully-featured trial version can be downloaded for free and can be used for development and testing, with some pre-sale support.
We thank everyone in many countries who provided feedback on the previous releases for their valuable input.
PointFire 365 v2.3 reproduces the most important functionality of PointFire on premise in the cloud.