This is a recommended update release for PointFire 365 for SharePoint Online, part of Office 365.
This release adds minor new functionality and corrects a number of issues in version 2.3.2.
New and Changed Features
- Script to activate the apps on a Hub and all associated sites
- Footer navigation localization
- Upper limit for tenant and site licenses increased to up to 2 million users
- For speed, update Multilingual list on re-activation only if user adds/removes any language
- PointFire language menu were sometimes not rendering for read-only users.
- Sometimes we were seeing double PointFire language menus rendered under personal or action menus.
- Activation did not give the final status message in Hub site
- Handling of throttling and related server errors, especially in step 3 of MUI translation
- Language toggle does not work on Event.aspx (Modern Event detail page)
- Better support for vanity domain names, including non-standard ones
- Better support for multi-geo
- Other performance and logging improvements
PointFire makes SharePoint truly multilingual and lets your users collaborate in their language. Two different users going to the same page on the same site will each see it almost entirely in their language, both UI and content, without using Variations. And when used in combination with PointFire 2019, the hybrid cloud is here!
To get your copy, go to http://community.icefire.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/1/pointfire-installation-packages and log in or create an account.
The fully-featured trial version can be downloaded for free and can be used for development and testing, with some pre-sale support.
We thank everyone in many countries who provided feedback on the previous releases for their valuable input.
PointFire 365 v2.3 reproduces the most important functionality of PointFire on premise in the cloud.