PointFire Translator version 2.0 Beta 2 is now available.
It makes it simple to translate Modern pages such as the ones in Communication and Teams sites and those produced by the Multilingual Page Publishing feature, as well as classic pages, documents, lists, and metadata. It has several interfaces, including via a SharePoint App, a web interface, scripting, and Power Automate.
- PointFire Power Translator is now called PointFire Translator Server. The app is now called PointFire Translator App.
- Improved web interface, nicer and easier to use, separate scrollable areas for the results.
- Support for Power Automate via new http interface
- Irish, Kazakh, European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese as separate languages
- Māori, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Malayalam and Kannada non-SharePoint languages
- Fixed 2 versions of Klingon: Klingon (Latin script) and Klingon (pIqaD script)
- Supporting Multilingual Pages feature: when translating a page in a page library, or a set of pages that match a wildcard, overwrite the page if it is an untranslated copy
- Supporting Multilingual Pages feature: translate original page title without the additional text for translators
- Supporting Multilingual Pages feature: do not re-translate if the source item changes, unless the translated document is more recent than the current translation
- Added changes to handle the documents parameter in translatedocument to include the folder structure.
- Translate folder name in a wildcard pattern
- ":o" parameter in the language to overwrite a document with its translation
- ":n" parameter in the language to use original document file name with a suffix rather than translating the document file name.
- If News webpart has Item Language filter, translate the filter condition
- Licensing: check that the username is one of the allowed usernames whatever the method of authentication.
- App feature: Select multiple documents or items
- App feature: Select subset of target languages
- Scripts to generate and install self-signed certificates for testing
- Exclude some strings from translating, or specify the translation
- Better handling of multiple exceptions in Parallel execution
- Added functionality to translate Multilingual Translations list.
- Single sign-on by obtaining access token, including configuration of Translator App
- Support https
- Can be hosted anywhere, not on localhost
- locally stored credentials optional
- locally stored credentials encrypted
- Multiple licensees, API key applies to group of licensees
- License key determines how many users can be licensed, whether domain wildcard is allowed
- Improved security
- Improved logging
- Adjust Office registry setting to prevent popup dialogs
- Improvements in MFA support
- Improved support for 2019 and vanity domains
- Retry after partial translation
- Handle API throttling, other errors
Bug fixes and enhancements
PointFire Translator can translate individual items or entire libraries or lists in SharePoint Online, using its command line interface. It includes the PoinFire Translator App which will use PointFire Translator Server as a default translation service, and fall back to SharePoint's Machine Translation Service if PointFire Translator is not available.
It can be downloaded here (login required)
Many thanks to the many testers who helped us get the product to this state.
For more information, contact email@example.com