This is a mandatory update release for PointFire 365 for SharePoint Online, part of Office 365.
This release adds minor new functionality and corrects a number of issues in version 2.3.3. It also corrects some significant issues that are currently only found in the Targeted Release version of SharePoint Online, and that may appear in the General Availability version at an unknown date.
New and Changed Features
- New script UpgradeAppfromAppcatalogMultiSite.ps1 ; It allows you to specify a list of sites to upgrade their PointFire apps to the latest version in the app catalog
- New script TenantLicenseRequest.ps1 ; This provides a detailed count of licensed SharePoint users by type, to allow us to generate a correct tenant license key.
- Read-only users are now able to perform "clear the cache"
- For some users who are part of the SharePoint Targeted Release program, the language change menu is missing on certain pages.
- For some users who are part of the SharePoint Targeted Release program, language change on a site that is a Hub or is part of a Hub that has been visited recently will lead to a page reload loop
- Other instances of a page reload loop on a site that is a Hub or is part of a Hub, when a page is being copied or when an item is being edited
- Hub navigation translation issue with second level child menu
- In the Multilingual Translations list it is not possible to edit a item while the view is being filtered
- When there is a large number of pages under the SitePages library then it is not possible to copy a page.
- In an Event list, the language filtering does not change when changing language.
- In an event list, if we click on list settings, the page is redirected to previous page.
- "Display this webpart in" option webpart edit property pane was no longer visible in targeted release
- Problem with activating the app if the base language of the site is Dutch
PointFire makes SharePoint truly multilingual and lets your users collaborate in their language. Two different users going to the same page on the same site will each see it almost entirely in their language, both UI and content, without using Variations.
To get your copy, go to http://community.icefire.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/1/pointfire-installation-packages and log in or create an account.
The fully-featured trial version can be downloaded for free and can be used for development and testing, with some pre-sale support.
We thank everyone in many countries who provided feedback on the previous releases for their valuable input.