This is a recommended update release for PointFire 365 for SharePoint Online, part of Office 365.
This release add major new functionality and corrects a number of issues in version 2.1.0 - 2.1.3.
New and Changed Features
- Added a check in the App to warn admin if the PointFire-365-Modern app is not also installed
- Format of license expiry date now follows user's regional settings, and is more prominent when expiry date approaches
- Hero webpart adds extra parameters to the URL that was entered, making it not match with the URL that is set up for redirection. Added intelligent handling of additional URL parameters
- When navigation contains a link to an external page and the link item is multilingual, clicking will redirect to the language-specific external page
- Various performance improvements
- The presence of languages where machine translation is unsupported could interfere with Interface Translation of languages that are supported
- When navigating to a modern page via a translated navigation menu, some functionality did not work
- Some items in navigation did not show the correct URL for the destination page when hovering over the link, when the destination link is different in different languages
- Some news pages that included parameters were loading twice
- On language change, when redirecting from a page with parameters to the corresponding page in the other language, parameters were sometimes dropped
- Inherited navigation submenu in classic publishing sites wasn't translating
- On certain tenants, language menu options in the personal menu didn't highlight the current language.
PointFire makes SharePoint truly multilingual and lets your users collaborate in their language. Two different users going to the same page on the same site will each see it almost entirely in their language, both UI and content, without using Variations. And when used in combination with PointFire 2016, the hybrid cloud is here!
To get your copy, go to http://community.icefire.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/1/pointfire-installation-packages and log in or create an account.
The fully-featured trial version can be downloaded for free and can be used for development and testing, with some pre-sale support.
We thank everyone in many countries who provided feedback on the previous release for their valuable input.
PointFire 365 v2.1.4 reproduces the most important functionality of PointFire 2016 in the cloud.