This release corrects certain issues. If you received an interim release from IceFire support for testing, it must be updated with this release. This release is a bug fix release, with minor functionality changes. It is recommended that you update if you have encountered the issues that are discussed.
Documentation is available here.
The next update release is expected in November 2018.
Release Notes – May 17, 2018
Deploying PointFire 2016
It is recommended that you run the installation on the server where Central Administration is located. Once PointFire 2016 is installed on the target server you can deploy the feature by running the PFConfiguration tool:
Start ->PointFire 2016 ->PFConfig
Note: If you experience issues running the configuration tool from the shortcut, you can navigate to the PointFire directory and run PFConfig or one of the installation scripts directly.
⦁ PFConfig.exe – PointFire Deployment Manager
⦁ InstallPointFire.ps1 - to install PointFire using PowerShell.
⦁ UpgradePointFire.ps1 - Upgrade PointFire using PowerShell.
⦁ RemovePointFire.ps1 - To retract the solution using PowerShell
Note: Deploying using the scripts requires additional configuration steps. Please see the install guide for detailed information.
Updating PointFire 2016
If you are updating an existing PointFire 2016 deployment, launch the PointFire Deployment Manager and follow through the upgrade process, or retract then re-deploy PointFire, or navigate to the installation directory to run the upgrade script.
Note: If configuration keys in the web.config files have been edited manually after PFConfig initially set them, using PFConfig to update the PointFire may erase or overwrite some of those keys. For safety, note the values of the keys currently in web.config prior to updating.
Upgrading from PointFire 2013
If you are upgrading from a PointFire 2013 deployment, please consult the PointFire 2013 v1.0 to 2016 v1.0 Upgrade Guide.
- New class of licenses for farms where PointFire is unable to count the web front ends because of permissions or configuration
- License request code generation is less likely to generate an error, and has better error logging
- License code entry is less likely to generate an error, and has better error logging
- Adding custom properties in advanced search page drop down and its corresponding translation into the Multilingual Translations List does not translate
- Using NewForms.aspx to add new items to lists that have look up columns display the form where everything is greyed out (disabled) and the fields are missing
- Images of a picture library are not displayed in Thumbnail view when alternate language is selected
- Cannot make a list multilingual in Danish. When Group By is set in the view, items are not displayed in document library
- On large farms, PointFire Deployment Manager PFConfig.exe is sometimes not able to update all respective web.config files on all servers for all applications.
Documentation for PointFire 2016 is available to be downloaded from the following links:
PointFire 2016 Installation Guide:
PointFire 2016 Administrators Guide:
PointFire 2016 Users Guide:
PointFire 2013 v1.0 to 2016 v1.0 Upgrade Guide:
We recommend that you, or whoever you designate for support, register an account on the support site http://community.icefire.ca/index.php?/Base/UserRegistration/Register . Support can be obtained by clicking on New Ticket on the site after you login or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com